Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Waiting Game

We've moved into our house, we got our van that we shipped, and normally at this point, I'd post some pictures of the house in all it's glory.  However, we still don't have our STUFF.  Our household goods stuff.  We're waiting and waiting, and I'm starting to wait very impatiently.  Our mandatory deliver date, has come and gone, and we still have no idea where our stuff is.  I don't want to put up pictures of the house until we have our things in them where we want them.  I think that makes all the difference, showing off our home, as our home, not just an empty shell with government (dental office style) furniture.


Since I can't post any of that, I'll post some other stuff!



This is the gorgeous new carpet we got for our living room.  We have some carpets coming, but they are going in our office, and bedroom, and we needed something to break up the wood flooring in our living room.  (a note on our wood flooring, in all the house we have what looks like the pergo sp? flooring, but our living and dining room are actual wood floor pieces that were shipped in from a home that is older than ours.  So while it isn't brand new looking, it has history, it's beautiful with all of it's imperfections, and we have to be careful with it, hence the need for a large rug.)  It's not easy picking out a rug, if you haven't done it before.  We have a couch on order, and it's Mocha colored, and our LL painted several walls in the home yellow.  We had to find something that would mesh with both of these things, and we feel this will.  The lighter portion is yellowish gold in the sunlight, there's the burgundy color, and then inside that is what looks to be a nice mocha brown, so hopefully it will coordinate!




I fell down the stairs.  Anyone who really knows me, knows I'm pretty accident prone.  For example, as a junior in high school, I broke the middle toe, of this same foot.  I was kicking my leg back and forth (warming up for a dance rehearsal I was about to go to) and I accidentally kicked it into an old piece of furniture in our house.  It bruised up just like this.  (funny thing, that dance rehearsal was the very FIRST time I ever met Tim.  I thought he was funny looking and kind of rude, and he thought I was a wimpy complainer, since I was complaining about my injured foot during practice.... good thing we met again a year later and actually liked each other huh?)  Also, this same foot, toe next to the pinky toe, is the toe that I nearly ripped off during a dance concert in Salt Lake.  I ended up with 9 stitches from front to back.  If you look closely, you can still see the scar from those stitches.  (hey, Tim was with me for that too..... interesting.)  This is also the same foot that I tore the ligaments in my ankle, and have sprained several times since.  Needless to say, I'm accident prone.  I slipped down the bottom three stairs, jammed my toes, banged my elbows and calf.  I think I only sprained it this time, because I can actually walk around, and if I had to, I think I could dance.  I like to take pictures of my ugly battle wounds... it makes me feel like I lead an interesting life.

I think I need to go out and take some pictures so I can add some more fun things to this blog.  I live in Germany!  I need to LIVE it!


No comments:

Post a Comment